The SpaceStation platforms win big at the Bookmarks
The annual Bookmarks awards held in Cape Town at the Artscape Theatre last night recognised the best in digital marketing and publishing. With the increased entries and high standard of this year's nominees, The SpaceStation team is very proud of 14 accolades won by the platforms on their network.
2 Nov 2012 11:50
The awards went to:
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Brand, Commercial & Retail Websites - Large Enterprise (Turnover > R100m+): 1 Bronze Award for DStv Online for DStv.com
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Publisher Sites (Mass Appeal) > R5m Turnover: 3 Bronze Awards for 24.com for Food24, News24 and Sport24.
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Specialist Publisher Sites (smaller, niche audiences with < R5m turnover p.a.): 2 Bronze Awards for 24.com for Parent24 and Channel24
- Websites/Microsites/Mobisites - Publisher Mobile Site: 2 Bronze Awards for 24.com for m.news24.com and DStv Online for SuperSport.com Mobi
- Social, Community and PR - Social Media Properties: 1 Bronze Award for DSTV Online for SuperSport.
- Applications and Tools - Tablet Publication: 1 Bronze Award for 24.com for their News24 iPad app.
- Integrated / Mixed Media - Multi-platform Publisher: 1 Silver Award for DStv Online for Big Brother Africa and 3 Bronze Awards for DStv Online for DStv.com and SuperSport.com and 24.com for News24.
"The Bookmarks are currently the only awards that recognise the increasing quality and value of digital publishing in South Africa," says Gustav Goosen, acting CEO of The SpaceStation and DMMA Exco Member. "They are a benchmark for our industry and an effective way to encourage growth and development. This is why it is always wonderful to see the platforms on our network acknowledged, year after year. We are proud to exclusively represent these award winning brands and the immediate access we have to their editorial and commercial teams affords The SpaceStation the opportunity to bring our advertisers world class products."