E&T - A year in review
2020 was a year full of growth and opportunities for E&T Minerals. It was a learning curve for our organisation as we optimised our operations, administration, corporate structure, processes and compliance. Our relationships with our clients and partners strengthened as we ramped up our trade capacity.?In order to maintain a clear, meaningful vision for the future - it's important to reflect on the year that's passed. Here's a look back at some of our greatest milestones from this year.
25 Feb 2021 15:28 Key takeaways from 2020
Key projects for 2021
- We traded over 400,000 metric tons of coal in 2020 growing our coal desk and more than doubling our trading capacity during a pandemic
- We raised funding for three (3) mines to a cumulative amount of R80m
- Overcame Covid-related downsizing in the industry and recorded the opposite, a boom in business
- E&T, together with AFM Sandton (Church) have partnered up to create the Barnabus Foundation, a non profit organisation which will engage in various SED initiatives primarily focused in disadvantaged communities. The first initiative kicked off in June earlier this year where food parcels and blankets were donated to a local orphanage in Diepsloot. E&T Minerals assisted in tuition funding of a Postgraduate Diploma at the WITS Business School for one of their several educational projects.
- Digital migration of business processes
- We moved into our new offices in the Nicolway Centre
- Our staff complement grew by 50%
- Recognition by Impumelelo Top Empowerment Companies in being awarded for our commitment to transformation in South Africa
- We are currently looking at raising capital for:
- Six (6) Coal mines
- Two (2) Chrome mines
- We are currently working on port and rail allocation to complete a full-service supply chain offering that allows product to be moved from pit to port.
- Establishing our export desk and offshore structures
- Setting up of wash plants in the North-West
- Identifying mining assets for acquisition
- Venturing into acquiring strategic mining assets
- Optimizing our pit-to-port supply chain management program
- Long term off-takes with sustainable partners
- Exploring new commodities
- Diversifying streams of income
- Expand our balance sheet and establish a better position to acquire more mining assets
In 2020, we were able to strengthen our innovation-led partnerships, support community projects, and maintain shareholder relationships. Being in operation since 2013, over the years we have found that building a strong foundation takes time. Last year generated our highest turn overs to date, even with the advent of the Covid-19 pandemic. We plan on being here for a long time by taking the cautionary approach. Many companies rely on seasonal spikes and a dependency on contracts but we plan on continuing to do things differently. By showing high and stable growth in our space. The horizon is looking positive and we are looking forward to another year of success in 2021. From all of us at E&T Minerals, we hope you have a successful year.