Modern travel solutions
South Africa’s domestic carriers have made good use of their time on the ground to streamline their operations with tech innovations that are proving irresistible to modern-day travellers.
Nowadays air travel’s all about managing your itinerary form a distance and the flexibility to adjust your arrangements at the drop of a hat.
This is what’s on offer from SA’s major local carriers: Fly Safair
You can book Safair flights
online or right on your phone thanks to the Safair app. This nifty innovation lets you book and manage your flights on your touch screen from anywhere in the country.
Although cancellation with Safair still attracts a cancellation fee, you’re free to amend your booking as and when you please. You can change your dates, and passenger details for a nominal fee and you’ll receive a credit against future flights for any difference in the tariff.
- Domestic flights network: Cape Town, Johannesburg (OR Tambo and Lanseria), Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth and George
The no-frills Kulula airline offers three self-service alternatives for travellers.
You can check in online, select your seat and print your boarding pass either via their website, by downloading their app or heading to one of the self-service kiosks at the airport.
Once you’ve finalised all the details, all that’s left to do is drop your baggage at the ‘bag drop ’counter and head off on your holiday.
- Domestic flights network: Cape Town, Johannesburg OR Tambo (and Lanseria from mid-April 2021), Durban and Port Elizabeth (East London planned for mid-March 2021)
The Mango app puts your travel plans into the palm of your own hands from the comfort of your home or office.
This handy innovation offers several conveniences to meet your every travel need. With the Mango app, you can:
- Book cheap flights and car hire.
- View and change bookings as required.
- Check-in remotely for your flight anytime from 24 to two hours before departure.
- Download your boarding pass onto the app.
- Stay updated on the latest Mango news.
Mango cuts out all the red tape for hassle-free flight bookings and check-in.
- Domestic flights network: Cape Town, Johannesburg OR Tambo, Durban, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth and East London
South Africa’s newest airline aspires to take airline travel to new levels of customer-centricity. In a rapidly changing world, modern travellers need modern solutions and Lift has implemented them all.
Now you can change or cancel your flights as and when needed wherever you are. Their innovative Lift wallet app allows you to adjust your flights at no charge up to 24 hours in advance.
If your new flight costs more, you simply pay in the difference. If it’s more expensive, they’ll keep the credit towards your future travels.
As a final nicety, if you arrive early for your flight you can check in with Lift and they’ll book you on the first flight out of there. You can say goodbye to queues, waiting around the airport for hours, and unnecessary admin thanks to Lift.
- Domestic flights network: Johannesburg OR Tambo, Cape Town
Check in with Airlink 24-hours before your flight either at the airport self-service kiosk, online, or with their smartphone app.
You can download your boarding pass on your phone and drop your bags at the bag drop off counter or any designated Airlink check-in counter.
- Domestic flights network: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, George, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban Johannesburg OR Tambo, Kimberley, Mthatha, Skukuza, Nelspruit, Hoedspruit
Get back in the air
Thanks to these conveniences, there’s nothing to stop you booking your domestic flights with confidence in these uncertain times. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, book Safair flights or test out the newcomers, you’ll find no shortage of options for added convenience and stress-free travel in 2021.