This coveted stamp of approval comes in the form of the MamaMagic New Product Awards.
Exhibition Director, Warren Murray elaborates: “Our primary reason for starting the New Product Awards was to create a platform that would highlight new and innovative products that are launched within the industry, establishing a footstool in the world of parenting.”
With so many new products and services continually entering the market, MamaMagic has instilled a thorough adjudication system. The very best experts and media gurus in the pregnancy, baby, toddler and parenting categories have been selected who take some of the following criteria into consideration: practicality, ease of use, overall visual impact, value for money, innovation in the market and more. Along with the criteria, there are a number of categories that adjudicators need to consider.
The New Product Award categories include Baby Essentials, Feeding, Mom’s Essentials, Nursery Products, Play, Safety, Travel, Local is Lekker, Green Product and Parents’ Choice. In true South African style, the Local is Lekker award and Green categories themselves inspire out-of-the-box thinking. The Green category celebrates non-toxic, organic products that remain non-harmful to the environment. Local is Lekker speaks for itself… innovative brands developed locally that support local entrepreneurs, hence the growth of our local economy. It's not just the experts who have a say: MamaMagic recognises that the end users, parents, are in fact not only the consumers but also judges of all products in their own right.
The Parents Choice Awards are products most loved by the MamaMagic parents. Simultaneously, parents get to select their ultimate product across all categories. This process is an electronic one implemented via a newsletter that is distributed to the entire MamaMagic database. Every parent has the chance to have his or her say and to experience what’s new in the market.
Murray further explains that the New Product Awards “not only helps businesses and brands grow but offers a place for parents to find and experience products which will offer them convenience along their parenting journey."
The array of brands that have entered once again demonstrates that many are after the badge of honour that is a MamaMagic New Product Award
. The list of finalists has been released and includes:
- Biddykins Vests Extenders and Biddykins Swim Nappy
- Tramk Nasal Aspirator
- Grobaby - Angelcare Baby Bath Ring
- Guri SA - Tommee Tippee Ultra Bottles
- Artemis Brands - NUK Rest Easy Spoon
- Fountain Medical Happy Baby Puffs
- Real Kids Shades SA by O-V Optics Pty Ltd
- PingMe GPS Kids Watch
- Snuza Pico Wearable Smart Monitor
- Parental Instinct Pty Ltd Sun Protection Swimwear
- Melsbuzz - Safety lead
- Angelguard Wherecom Security Watch
- BabyWombWorld Video Baby Monitor
- Dejon Distributors - Doona Infant Car Seat, Gymini 1 2 3 Here I Grow and 3 in 1 Close to Me Bouncer
- Brands Africa - Good Baby Pockit Stroller
- MonkeyBum - Pram Pegs
- Born Fabulous - Stokke MyCarrier and Trailz
- DaddyKool - Diaper Bags for Dads
- Ideal Toys - Yookidoo Tummy Time Playland
- Always Me by Anne Li - Always me Ankara Playmat
- Guri SA PTY LTD t/a CandidBaby - MilkSense
- Emergence Consulting (Pty) Ltd t/a - Kulala Baba Organic Baby Hammock
- Wild and Lovely (Pty) Ltd - Sleepyhead®
- Furniture Express - Cot Combinette
- Shooshoos Disney - Winnie the Pooh Shooshoos Collection
- Roxshell Knits Feeding Shawl
- Kikki and Franki Décor Design - Baby Milestone Cards: Monochrome & Pink Spring
- Pure Primal - Bioidentical African SkinCare – Moms
The time to announce the respective winners draws closer and will be revealed at the 2017 New Product Awards to be held on 24 February 2017.