Taking place at the Zwartkops Raceway, Tshwane from 1-2 June, the Gauteng Motor Show is the ultimate event to ignite, excite and fire up the City of Tshwane, families, visitors and petrol heads alike, on all cylinders.
"The City of Tshwane is excited to host and sponsor the Gauteng Motor Show that will be held over the weekend of 1 and 2 June at the Zwartkops Raceway," comments Samuel Motabogi from City of Tshwane.
Renowned for its large automotive sector, this event contributes to building the city's vision as one of the key drivers of economic growth and development in Africa.
The city has affirmed its position as an investor-friendly city with 40% of all passenger vehicles manufactured in South Africa being produced in the city. The city also hosts half of the light-vehicle manufacturers in the country such as Volvo, Nissan, BMW and Ford.
The automotive and components industry is one of Tshwane's key priority sectors. It has a turnover of about R30 billion in current prices and generates about a quarter of the manufacturing sector's value add, contributing about 3,3% to Tshwane's economy.
"It is clear that the Gauteng Motor Show is a key event for the city to boost our profile as the hub of the automotive industry," continues Motabogi.
Glynis Anderson of Thebe Exhibitions and Projects says, "We are truly excited at this partnership with the City of Tshwane and the opportunity to link the Gauteng Motor Show to the hub of the automotive industry in South Africa."
Not only will the City of Tshwane be host to the Gauteng Motor Show, but visitors can also enjoy the very best of what this city has to offer:
- A 90 000-hectare Big 5 game reserve; where the brave can walk with the lions.
- The iconic Union Buildings which is the site of presidential inaugurations. This symbolises the status of the City as the administrative headquarters of the national government.
- The Freedom Park and the Voortrekker Monument, which was declared a heritage site, capture important moments of South African history.
- Tshwane is also home of the Nan Hua Buddhist Temple, the largest Buddhist temple in the southern hemisphere and the only one in Africa.
- Tshwane is Gauteng's best-kept astronomical secret. The Tswaing Meteorite Crater is the only ecotourism destination of its kind in Africa.
- The people of Tshwane have a long and proud association with the visual and performing arts. The State Theatre is situated in Tshwane and stages a continuous programme of local, national and international performances including drama, opera, ballet and more.
- Tshwane also has one of the world's largest urban nature reserves, the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. This is a unique retreat where many bird and animal species can be viewed on 3,800 hectares of open grassland.
- Tshwane boosts elegant shopping malls, restaurants and accommodation establishments.
The Gauteng Motor Show promises to be a great day out for the whole family with an action packed line up which includes:
- The Mitchell's and Hogshead Beer Garden
- SupaDrift Series 4
- The FMX Bike Stunt show sponsored by Red Bull
- Mercedes- Benz Dynamic Driving Hot laps
- Turtle Wax Show & Shine
- Game Truck - Come play an Xbox Racing Game
- BMW CCG Club Racing Series
- GoPro Lounge
- Remote Control Drifting Competition
- Huey Helicopter / HelicopterFlips
- Zwartkops International Kart Raceway and Max Challenge Promotions Kart Rentals
- Kids and Teenz Activity Zones
- Wide array of food and refreshment stalls
- Air Powered Dragster and Solar Power Challenge Car display
- Classic and unique car displays
- Nitro Crew Sound-Off / Show&Shine
- Mazda Zoom Zoom Aerobatic Display
Plus much more...
For more information, visit www.gautengmotorshow.co.za
and like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/thegautengmotorshow
. VIP Hospitality packages also available!
Tickets to the Gauteng Motor Show featuring the Atomic Junkies Adrenalin Sports Fest are available at the entrance to the show or by visiting www.webtickets.co.za