- CopesSA - Child abuse clinic in Soweto;
- Princess Alice Adoption Home for babies;
- South Africa Guide Dogs Association for the Blind;
- Friends of Rescued Animals - animal shelter in Roodepoort;
- Ikage Primary School in Alexandra;
- Cheshire Homes - home for physically disabled adults;
- Sparrow School - school for children with learning disabilities in Sophiatown;
- iKholwa Adoption home for abandoned AIDS children;
- SAPS Victim empowerment - for abused women and children;
- Goodwin Feeding Scheme - for homeless children;
- Ikaga Primary School in Alexandra;
- Salvation Army Cape Town.
“Instead of a big celebration with clients and staff, we decided to do something useful,” states Charlotte Jackson, Managing Director. “I wanted something that would add value to others as well as mean something in the lives of Synovate staff. It was most certainly a memorable day and from the feedback, clearly warmed the hearts of everyone who participated.”
Most of the charities were supplied with rejuvenated gardens, veggie patches and freshly painted walls and classrooms. Synovators also contributed to fulfilling the charities' ‘wishlists' and donated furniture, clothes and food.
Synovate was kindly sponsored by Hertz for transporting employees to the various charities and Plascon for all the paint utilised.
Synovate South Africa (then known as the Centre for Proactive Marketing Research) was founded in 1989 by Albert Mclean and Jeanette Deetlefs. Starting off with three employees, the company has grown to 527 full time employees and over 300 field staff. In 2004 it was acquired by Synovate and became part of a global company which now operates in 63 countries worldwide. Synovate's CSR initiative is called Synovate CARES which is a globally led sustainability initiative that engages Synovators around the world in getting involved in enriching the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves.
In total Synovate donated more than R50 000 to the 13 charities.
Synovate would like to thank each of its clients for supporting them for the last 20 years and for making a charitable day like this possible. About Synovate
Synovate, the market research arm of Aegis Group plc, generates consumer insights that drive competitive marketing solutions. The network provides clients with cohesive global support and a comprehensive suite of research solutions. Synovate employs over 6, 000 staff in 63 countries.
More information on Synovate can be found at www.synovate.com