The members of the committee for 2018/19 are:
- Chairperson and Amasa Board Member: Wayne Bishop) (MD, PHD Johannesburg)
- Vice Chairperson and Gordon Patterson ALP Portfolio: Memoria Masilela (Account Manager, United Stations)
- Forum Portfolio: Andrew Maluleke (Gauteng Regional Strategic Sales Manager, Independent Media)
- Communications Portfolio: Fatima Ouanssaidi (CEO, OnPoint PR)
- Golf and Amasa Awards Portfolio: Taryn Hood (BusinessTransformation Leader, Publicis Media)
- Amasa Awards Portfolio: Charlie Wannell (Head of Marketing, MediaMark)
- VEGA Portfolio: Dimakatso Motsie (Implementation Strategist, FNB)
- Workshop Portfolio: Fagan Abraham (Media Strategist, OMD)
- Membership and Annual Party Portfolio: Nelly Gumede (Digital Advertising Consultant, Yellow Pages)
- Annual Party Portfolio: Lindile ‘Li’ Ndube (Commercial Manager, United Stations)
- Digital Portfolio: Prashant Bhaga (Head of Digital Development Business, Yellow Pages)
Amasa Committee Chairperson and PHD MD, Wayne Bishop, has expressed his thanks to those who accepted nomination to serve on the committee and who have been voted into their new positions by Amasa members.
“As we welcome in the new committee, I would also like to take the opportunity to thank the outgoing committee for its passion, commitment, and hard work. Its members have made a tremendous contribution to realising AMASA’s vision; growing the organisation; improving educational and skills outcomes; and raising awareness of and support for the association’s work.”
The incoming committee, he says, is made up of an excellent mix of agency, client and media owner professionals, including vibrant new blood that will bring fresh perspectives to the tasks in hand.
Over the past four years, the association has introduced the highly successful Amasa Awards; has revitalised, developed and expanded the Amasa Media Planning Workshops; has significantly developed the Amasa Golf Days; and has made the Amasa Annual Party an event to remember. All income from these events is used to fund bursaries for the Gordon Patterson Amasa Learnership Programme (ALP).
“The new committee aims to build on the successes of previous committees; maintain the incredible momentum in all of the association’s activities; grow the funding pool for the Gordon Patterson ALP ; and ensure that people who work in the industry or aspire to work in it have access to the very best education and skills training available,” he says.
“I wish the members every success for their term in office and know they will make it a memorable one.”